Ritzy Gypsy | Product Photography



My love of photography started way back when I first opened an Etsy shop. I was using a little point and shoot camera trying to get the perfect product photos to use for my listings. It was a love/hate relationship I had with that camera. However, fighting with that camera and getting irritated with trying to find the right "studio" light taught me a lot about photography.

When I upgraded to a semi-professional DSLR, it changed my life! Ok, not really my life but definitely the way I approached taking photos. From that point I started learning how to shoot in different settings (I'm still learning), using light properly (I LOVE natural light. Natural light is my friend.) and styling (whether it's products or people).

And then......I started shooting in manual mode. Holy Cow! I noticed even more of a difference in my photos....for the better.

I've never looked back.

Now I shoot mostly in manual mode (aperature mode if I'm feeling lazy) and RAW format because both give you so many more options when editing.

Anyway, so product photography really gets the credit for starting my passion for photography and I recently had the opportunity to style & shoot some products for a friend that has a local and online boutique. It was fun to go back to my roots.

No comments:

Post a Comment